Angie’s Review Policy for Authors, Publishers, and the Curious
The following is my review policy (well, several) for authors, publishers, and those of you who are just curious about how I do things.
- If you would like me to review your book, please email me with a synopsis. I don’t accept all books, given how many books I have to read. That being said, if I do accept your book, let it be known that a review will come when the time works best for me. If you want it reviewed by a certain time you need to include that in your email and we’ll work to figure something out but if you tell me you want it reviewed by a certain date I will let you know if it’s a yea or nay. I have to approve the timeline before the book is mailed out.
- I will not buy or return any books that are sent out to me; and what I do with those books are up to me, unless we decide on something before you send me the book.
- I enjoy most YA fantasy/scifi/horror and especially dystopian world and action/adventure. I also read New Age non-fiction, though I’ll be more picky with those books. I’m not interested in realistic fiction; I live life, I don’t want to read about it.
- It’s not likely that I’ll accept books for review from self-published authors; you can ask, sure, but you should know that that’s something I’m hesitant to do.
- I accept e-books but I prefer physical books for review.
- By accepting a review copy of a book I do not guarantee that I’ll finish it if I don’t like it. Whether or not I write a review of that book depends on my feelings toward it. In some cases, it’d be better for you not to have a review written, though it is up to me to make that decision and my decision will be final.
- For the review books I finish I will review on my blog honestly and anywhere else I’ve agreed to post my review. I’m open to different platforms on which you’d like a review, but that is up to my discretion. I may or may not read and review unsolicited books.
- I’ll do my best to read and review the books given to me in a timely manner, however, due to time constraints and other reading interests it may take longer for a review to be published. If you have a book that is due to be published soon, please let me know before you send the book so I can make the decision whether or not to push it up on my review list. In general I post my reviews on this blog (angieonbooks.com) and Goodreads. Lately I’ve started a BookTube channel which I will update semi-frequently, and I Tweet out of posts in case you miss some of the awesome-ness!
You can reach me at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or book review requests.