2018, woo hoo! Hopefully this year will be better than the last two. Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is “Bookish Goals/Resolution” which I am psyched about. I try to do these every year but I didn’t do it yet so when I saw this subject I was SO excited. Following are my bookish Goals/Resolutions for 2018″ in no particular order.
- Meet my (realistic) Goodreads goal of 50 books read this year. Follow my progress on the right sidebar. I’ve met my goal a few years and when I shot for 75 books in 2016 I realized that there are just times when that won’t do.
- I’m going to read as many books that have been on my shelf for a long time, as the ones that I buy this year. I collect books faster than I can read them but this is the year that I’ll read the books I already have.
- Go to all the author events that I can manage this year @ Kepler’s, BN, Books Inc., and Hicklebees. Oh, and get them books signed. Can’t forget that. While I can’t get each authors book each time, I do have enough books already that I can dig up something of theirs for the signing.
- Read more than I watch TV. This is a hard one. While I cook I watch TV; when I relax after work, I watch TV; while I clean my room, the house, and the reptiles tanks, I watch TV. Watching that much TV actually does affect my health. Instead, I’m going to listen to the multitude of audiobooks I have from audible and the library on my Amazon Echo. Gotta put Alexa to work!
- Learn how better to booktalk. A librarian friend of mine is going to teach me how to do that properly. I don’t know if I still want to be a librarian but I’m on my fifth library, probably not my last, so I need to learn to do that. Especially since I talk to people in the teen section of Barnes and Noble and give unsolicited recommendations.
- I won’t buy more than one book every two months at full price. Coupons? Sure. Gift Card? Yep, acceptable. Used Bookstores? Def ideal but library book sales are the way to go.
- Listen to one audiobook every month; ones that I own or ones that I’ve collected through the library
- Find a way to channel my bookish energy; especially when I have the overwhelming urge to buy a book full price. Make bookmarks or some other bookish craft, blog or just read and write reviews here, Goodreads, and Amazon; Booktubing is also a fun thing to do.
- Read and review my books for review as well as Tarot cards.
- Bring my Netgalley score up to 80% and keep it there.
- Read print books as well as Kindle books.
- Rebuild Twitter following.
- Gain more bookish friends.
- Join a book club.
I’m not going to stop with these eleven. I want to improve my bookish life and will be adding to this collection of resolutions.