Books you should read if you liked…
Thank you to The Broke and Bookish for creating this awesome “Top Ten Tuesday” meme. It is by far my favorite weekly book meme. I’m going to (gently) throw some spectacular books that I’ve read that you should read if you liked this or that.
I’m going to take one straight off the book, er, their website. Here it goes: If you like realistic fiction, you should read something by John Green. I’ve read Paper Towns and although it was a great book, it wasn’t my style. However, all of his books have gotten rave reviews so it’s worth looking into.
- If you want a female lead that takes on the typical “man role” of their nation, then it’s worth checking out The Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce, who, incidentally, is (virtually) coming to the library for Q&A from all of us fans. The Lioness Quartet is a woman who disguises herself as a man in order to become a knight. She’s super awesome. Just sayin’.
- If you like books with female leads pretending serving in the military or being saving peeps from harm for the good of the country that they serve:
- (Cnt.) The Cage of Deceit, a book about a princess who is a nighttime vigilante. You can check out my quickie review here.
- The Red Queen–a super awesome soon-to-be princess that totes owned her book.
- If you liked World War Z then you should look at:
- (cnt). Rot and Ruin a YA book.
- White Trash Zombie (very much an adult book)
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth: Because zombies, YA
- Warm Bodies: again a YA book that rocks. It was made into a movie. Even though I saw it quite some time ago, I remember that I loved the book and was pleased with the movie.
- A princess who rebels:
- Calling on Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
I just reviewed Cage of Deceit by Jennifer Anne Davis. https://t.co/eh4NaMMCqe
— Angie R (@Angie_on_Books) September 21, 2015
As a side note: With TTT I only do as much as I want/can. Better than nothing, right? 🙂
I’d love to see your TTT and/or what you think of these books. Happy Reading!